Nick Mottern | Feburary 11, 2016
This is to send an updated program for the drone whistleblowers’ symposium in Las Vegas and to let you know we now have $425 toward our goal of $3,500 to support the symposium. Please know that if you can contribute even $5 (by clicking here) it will help tremendously.
INSIDE DRONE WARFARE: Perspectives of Whistleblowers, Families of Drone Victims and Their Lawyers.
Wednesday, March 30, 2016 6pm – 9pm
University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law
4505 S. Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, NV 89154-1003
Thomas & Mack Moot Court (MCB)
- Stephen Lewis – former drone sensor operator – 3rd Special Operations Squadron – US Air Force.
- Cian Westmoreland – former drone program communications technician 606 Air Control Squadron; 73rd Expeditionary Air Control Squadron US Air Force.
- Jesselyn Radack – Director – Whistleblower & Resource Protection Program (WHISPeR) – ExposeFacts.org and one of the lawyers for the whistleblowers; author of Traitor: The Whistleblower and the â€˜American Taliban’.
- Shelby Sullivan-Bennis – Counter-terrorism Caseworker – Reprieve.org.
- Marjorie Cohn – Professor – Thomas Jefferson Law School; editor of, and contributor to, Drones and Targeted Killing; former president National Lawyers Guild.
- Rev. Chris J. Antal Unitarian Universalist minister and a member of Veterans for Peace who served as a military chaplain in Afghanistan.
The symposium will be part of the annual Shut Down Creech week of protest running from March 27, April 2 For details on plans for the week, click the program link in the menu at the top of http://shutdowncreech.
PLEASE BE AT SHUT DOWN CREECH IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.