All of us witnessed the great hope that people felt six years ago as many believed that this country had turned a corner and the tenets of the Bush Doctrine would be dismantled. The crimes, however, continued as halting them was not up for a vote. What has outraged people before has become the new status quo; now, with a renewed war and virtually no anti-war movement.
What the world needs to see now!
A broad diverse and determined movement in this country to stop the crimes by our government committed in our name acting to:
Stop the U.S. War Machine of Drones and Secret Operations
Close Guantanamo NOW and End Indefinite Detention
End Vast Surveillance of Whole Populations
Stop Mass Incarceration and Solitary Confinement
End The Global Destruction of Our Planet
Stand Up Against the Culture of Bigotry and Patriarchy
The biggest NEED is YOU.
Help spread this message by donating to World Can’t Wait. You’ll support the movement on the streets and online to let the world know Humanity and the Planet Come First!
Our appeal to you this year is urgent, yet brief. This movement will only continue and grow with your financial support.
World Can’t Wait – formed almost ten years ago to Drive Out the Bush Regime – has spent the Obama years fighting to stop a growing array of crimes committed by our government.
You’re reading this because you have responded to the need and to the way World Can’t Wait reaches out to schools and communities, organizing street protests, direct actions, conferences and programs often in coalition with a wide variety or groups…and sometimes when no one else has stepped up.
‘Unwavering’ and ‘ahead of the curve’ are how I describe this priceless organization and why I regularly join them in speaking out against the crimes of this government. I can count on World Can’t Wait to stand with the people of the world; the most vulnerable, those whose lives are devastated by the crimes of this government.”
former CIA analyst and current peace activist
In 2014 we:
- Took the streets immediately as the U.S. began bombing Iraq & Syria. As “Operating Enduring Freedom” in Afghanistan has been extended again, we must speak out.
- Joined with others to plan protests in January of 13 years of Guantánamo prison, supporting the 143 prisoners unjustly detained indefinitely and resisters who speak out.
- Put together — in eight days — writers & film-makers from around the world to take the stage against U.S. backing for Israel’s assault on Gaza.
- Continued bringing Afghanistan & Iraq era veterans into high schools, speaking with students being heavily recruited, about why they could lose their own humanity if they enlist.
- Helped organize hundreds of people to sign and fund “Stop Forced Motherhood” ad in main Austin TX newspaper on the eve of a court challenge to closures of most Texas abortion clinics.
World Can’t Wait is reaffirming our pledge to change the minds of millions while leading thousands in active struggle to put humanity and the planet first. But we can only do this with your support.
Please consider making as generous a gift as you can. Your donation will make a world of difference, for a world that truly can’t wait.
Thank you for your continued support,
Debra Sweet DIRECTOR, AND
Samantha Goldman | Emma Kaplan | Dennis Loo | Jill McLaughlin | Curt Wechsler
FOR WORLD CAN’T WAIT
P.S. We hope you will share this poster with others and invite them to join you in making a tax-deductible donation.
|ADVISORY BOARD World Can’t Wait / War Criminals Watch
|M. Cherif Bassiouni
|H. Candace Gorman
Howard Zinn [1923–2010]