This past summer, StopPatriarchy.org led a 15 state, one month long Abortion Rights Freedom Ride caravan responding to the state of emergency surrounding abortion rights nationwide. But that was just a beginning.
We made a commitment and we are seeing it through. Now: in the month of November, StopPatriarchy.org is mobilizing a national response to the two most concentrated assaults on women’s right to abortion.
- Oct 29 – Nov 6: We are traveling to Jackson, MS where a woman-hating Christian fascist organization will lay siege to and terrorize the last abortion clinic in Mississippi.
- Nov 15-17: We are traveling to Albuquerque, New Mexico where a ballot initiative would ban abortion at 20 weeks, thereby shutting down half the third-trimester abortion providers in the country.
Our new campaign to raise $15,000 for this mobilization has just been launched onThe deadline to reach this goal is November 13. Please donate whatever you can at www.igg.me/at/abortionrightsemergency
- Join us in Jackson MS from Oct 29-Nov 6 and Albuquerque NM from Nov 15-17. Sign up online for all or part of the time.
- Send your message of support to be delivered to the last clinic in Mississippi and to abortion providers in Albuquerque.
- Sign and circulate the Abortion on Demand & Without Apology statement-among friends, family, online communities and to any prominent people you know. Add your personal message when you sign.
- Organize a satellite protest in your local area to alert people to what’s going on in these flashpoints. Use your voice and your influence to turn these vicious attacks into a resounding political defeat for those who want to criminalize abortion.
One way or another, be part of a national response to these attacks.
This message was issued by StopPatriarchy.org on October 19, 2013.